I am often invited to speak and lead workshops on a regular basis to small groups, organizations, and faith communities about a variety of topics, including:
- Different aspects of activism. Past talks include “The Language of Resistance” (about terminology used in different political circles) and “Activism, “Slacktivism,” and “Clicktivism” (about the difference between “active” and “passive” activism such as “liking” and sharing things online).
- Women and Advocacy
- Faith and Social Justice
- Social Media for Activism and Community Organizers
- Documenting Social Movements Through Writing, Photography, and Video
- Reconciliation Work in the United Church of Canada
Recent speaking engagements include:
- Workshop West Theatre
- Events pertaining to International Women’s Day and the International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination, organized by the Edmonton-Decore riding.
- NDP Federal Convention 2018 (via video)
- International Week at the University of Alberta
- Visual Arts Alberta Association/CARFAC
- Ignite Change Conference of the John Humphrey Centre for Peace and Human Rights
- Edmonton Interfaith Centre for Education and Action
- Robertson-Wesley United Church
- Garneau United Church
- Mill Woods United Church
- Southminster-Steinhauer United Church
- University of Alberta’s Sociology Undergraduate Students’ Association
- Peacebuilders group with the John Humphrey Centre for Peace and Human Rights
- Festival of Faiths
Some of my recent talks can be viewed here, along with associated notes.